Apologies for the absence on my blog, between having postnatal depression, WordPress issues and my daughter refusing to sleep, it has been a nightmare trying to write! I’m actually typing this on my phone with my wriggly 10 month old sat on my lap watching Hey Duggee.
I saw this Get To Know Me Tag over on Journaling Jenny’s Blog. Despite putting myself out there on the internet it can be hard to get to know the blogger behind the screen so here are even more questions that help you get to know me better.
1. Do you have any nicknames?
Yep, I have quite a few but Viv is the main one. My full name is Vivienne but I shortened it when I started secondary school because no one could bloody pronounce it! My name is pronounced Viv-een (like in teen) but people always say Vivian and it’s annoying having to correct people all the time!
2. Are you named after anyone?
3. Do you have any siblings?
Yep, I have an older sister called Janine who is 2 years older than me. It’s just the two of us, and as much as I love our close bond I wished I had brothers growing up.
4. Where did you grow up?
5. What activities did you do in school?
I used to play rounders which I was surprisingly good at! I also used to run track in Athletics and I was really fast when I was younger and won a few medals during tournaments. Outside of school I did Aikido for a few years but gave them all up because I couldn’t be bothered anymore. I seriously regret that now though!
6. Where did you go to university?
I went to Nottingham Trent Uni and I loved it! The good old days of Trent Army!
7. What activities did you do in university?
I didn’t manage to join any societies in uni as I had a part-time job at ASDA so I could afford to live! I went out raving most Fridays with my friends if drinking counts?
8. What did you study at university?
9. What was your first job out of university?
I was a personal care assistant for older people. The intention was to gain a year’s vocational experience in the care sector once I had graduated. I planned to go on to study a masters in Mental Health Nursing, but I changed my mind about what I wanted to do.
10. What kind of music do you like?
I like a variety of music. I love bashment! (Also known as dancehall) I like RNB and love UK rap and drill. My Spotify playlists are soo random.
11. What’s one hobby that you’d like to take up?
I used to do pole fitness in 2016 but haven’t been back since then. I also used to go to the gym and do weight training. I’d love to get back into them but it’s so hard finding the time!
12. What did you think you wanted to be when you grew up?
13. What’s the biggest project on your to-do list?
14. Do you have any irrational fears?
I don’t think any of my fears are irrational to be honest! I do have quite a few which are heights, butterflies, ladybirds, and spiders!
15. Have you ever travelled outside the country? If so, where?
- Gran Canaria
- Virginia and Washington DC
16. When’s your next vacation and where are you going?
17. Do you speak any other languages?
No, but I know bits of Spanish which I seem to speak very fluently when I’m drunk on holiday!
18. What’s one talent that you wish you had?
I wish I could sing! I sing all the time and would like to do it without a certain someone (my Mr) taking the mick because I’m out of tune!
19. What’s something that you wish you could do one more time?
Spend time with my nan who passed away in January. I’d want to tell her how loved she is and just appreciate the time spent.
20. If you weren’t in your current job, what would you want to be doing?
I’m not working at the moment because #momlife, but I’d want to be doing my last job. I was the store and social media manager of the first Virtual Reality Arcade in Birmingham which I absolutely loved, and I was so passionate about the job it didn’t feel like work.